What is an ISO 9001 Quality Management System vs. a Quality Plan?
- ISO 9001, the International Quality Standard, continues to be the world’s most recognised quality framework. It is now in use across all industry types and has a proven reputation for helping organisations achieve consistency in business processes, reduce waste and increase customer confidence.
- Often now just called a “Business Management System”; an ISO 9001 Quality Management System provides a framework within which an organisation can keep track of and improve its performance and cut costs.
- An ISO Quality Plan (or Quality Assurance Plan) is like a mini Quality management system which focuses on the product/ service delivery provision of a particular contract or project. For example, a Quality Plan is frequently requested by Councils and Government departments for sole contractors for whom a full ISO 9001 system would not be feasible or useful. It is also often a prerequisite to achieving government funding for particular projects. A Quality Plan usually forms the basis of an Engineering or Construction project plan.What are the benefits of being a Quality certified company?
Many companies develop an ISO 9001 quality management system because their customers require it.
However there are many other proven practical benefits of a robust certified quality system:
- Improves business performance and manages business risk An ISO 9001 quality management system has been shown to improve business outcomes to assist organisations in better managing risk.
- Attracts investment, enhances brand reputation and removes barriers to trade Certification to ISO 9001 can provide you with a competitive edge in the marketplace and raise the profile of your organisation brand. It can therefore be a useful promotional tool. It can also enable accessibility to new markets and customers by ensuring compliance to customer and international trade requirements.
- Increased customer satisfaction and retention Certification to ISO 9001 sends a clear message to all interested parties that this is a company committed to high standards, continual improvement and which is focused on customer satisfaction. A quality management system ensures that customer needs are considered and met.
- Reduced costs, reduced waste and increased efficiency Research suggests that companies who invest in an ISO 9001 quality management system can benefit from higher sales and greater profitability through more efficient operations. By increasing the efficiency of business processes, your organisation can also dramatically reduce the incidence of rework and waste.
View all our business assurance and quality services or contact us on 1300 132 745 for more information today.